Work can be rewarding but it can also contain risk. Vicarious trauma is a common experience and normal when dealing with difficult material. Left untreated, it can affect us psychologically, physically, socially, spiritually and professionally. Learn how vicarious trauma can be preventable when understood, how virtuous cycles can be created as well as easy to implement practical tips and tools. Live online 4-hour training. Available on request.
- Define vicarious trauma
- Identify where vicarious trauma may be present in your role
- Understand how vicarious trauma impacts an individual and team
- Identify the warning signs of vicarious trauma
- Articulate basic tips for minimising the impact of vicarious trauma
- Understand that prevention can occur within a trusted team
- Create a shared language to identify events or build up
- Establish a group norm that warning signs will not go unsupported
- Understand tools to support prevention: peer reflection, safety plans and self-care plans
To register your interest, complete the form below.